Message 00009 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [hox] Starting helpers season

Hi *,

first of all: Welcome to the 'helfer' list (once more) and thanks for
subscribing! :-)

* Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de> [2004-04-30 23:44]:
Since the conference program stabilizes more and more I think we could
start organizing conference help here. The main jobs are

* Caring about the presentations

  This means for every presentation we need one person who cares about
  it. I.e. during the program we need three persons.

* Conference bureau

  We need at least one person during all of the conference time for
  this. In the beginning of the conference (Thursday, Firday) I think
  we need one or two persons more to handle many people checking in.

Ok. Right now, I'm aware of the following helpers:

- Michaela (bureau)
- Raoul (bureau [Thursday, Friday])
- StefanMz (presentations)
- Florian (presentations)

Just in order to get things started, it would be nice if everyone who is
willing to help could drop me a short, private e-mail with a _rough_
overview over his or her preferences. Would you be willing to care about
some presentations or the conference bureau (or both)? And optionally,
reviewing the schedule[*], are there specific slots/hours/days where you
already know that you will _not_ be able/willing to help and/or where
you'd love ;-) to help?

I'm asking this just because I'd like to have a first, rough overview.
Then, I'll create an appropriate table (with maybe some "easy cases"
already filled out, depending on your preferences). However, I've not
yet made up my mind where to put this table: Should we use a wiki page,
an Open Theory project or something else, or would this be overkill?
I've seen that an OT project was used for ox2, but I've not yet worked
with OT, shame on me (setting up a wiki would be no problem though).

Holger

[*] http://www.oekonux-conference.org/program/schedule.html
http://www.oekonux-konferenz.de/

[English translation]